The Nigerian Stock Exchange Banking Index on the shut of buying and selling actions for the week ended twenty sixth of February 2021, appreciated by 0.69% to shut at 382.76 index factors, regardless of a common decline within the NSE ASI.
According to data obtained from the Nigerian Stock Exchange, the optimistic efficiency of the index was pushed largely by appreciation within the share value of Zenith and Stanbic IBTC in the course of the interval below assessment.
The NSE banking index closed the week at 382.76 index factors, 2.63 index factors larger than every week in the past when it closed at 380.13 index factors.
On the opposite hand, the current information additionally revealed that the monetary companies business led the chart by quantity with 1.450 billion shares valued at N15.070 billion traded in 14,236 offers; thus contributing 75.11% and 72.96% to the full fairness turnover quantity and worth respectively.
The general efficiency of most listed firms was bearish, mirrored by a decline within the NSE All Share Index by 0.96% for the week below assessment. Similarly, all different indices completed decrease aside from NSE Banking, NSE AFR Bank Value, NSE MERI Growth and NSE Oil/Gas Indices which rose by 0.69%, 1.34%, 0.66% and 0.97% whereas the NSE ASeM and NSE Growth Indices closed flat.
What you need to know
- The NSE Banking Index is designed to supply an investable benchmark to seize the efficiency of the banking sector, this index includes essentially the most capitalized and liquid firms in banking. The index is predicated available on the market capitalization methodology.
- It includes of ten banking companies listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange, e.g. FBN, Zenith, Wema, Access and so on.
- Trading within the high three equities by quantity for the week, Wema, Zenith and FBN accounted for 782.167 million shares value N8.914 billion in 4,624 offers, contributing 40.52% and 43.15% to the full fairness turnover quantity and worth respectively.
The high gainers within the monetary companies class for the week are;
- Royal Exchange Plc up by 8% to shut at N0.27
- Sovereign Trust Insurance Plc up by 8% to shut at N0.27
- Stanbic IBTC up by 3.36% to shut at N40.0
- Zenith Bank Plc up by 3.04% to shut at N25.45