The Federal Government has introduced the phased processes in its vaccination programme in opposition to the Covid-19 pandemic, which is anticipated to take off on March 5, 2021.
This follows the anticipated arrival on Tuesday, March 2, 2021, of the primary batch of three,924,000 Covid-19 vaccines beneath the COVAX initiative from Mumbai, India.
This was disclosed in an announcement by the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on Covid-19 on Monday, March 1, 2021.
The PTF stated that the vaccine deployment, which is anticipated to be achieved by the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), with help from different sister businesses, has been divided into 4 phases.
The 4 phases with the anticipated actions and vaccination processes embody:
1. Phase 1 Vaccination Process
- All frontline well being employees to be vaccinated
- Vaccines to be deployed to states based mostly on their stage of preparedness
- Cargo planes to be supplied for the transport of the vaccines to states.
It needs to be famous that the three,924,000 vaccine doses anticipated to reach on Tuesday will cater for the preliminary rollout and Phase 1 Vaccination stage.
2. Phase 2 Vaccination Process (Vaccination of the aged from 50 years and above)
- Vaccination of 60 years and above to happen first (Group 1), then
- Vaccination of 50-55 years (Group 2) to comply with
It needs to be famous that Nigeria is anticipated to obtain one other batch of Covid-19 vaccines for this stage.
3. Phase 3 Vaccination Process
- Vaccination of these between 18 and 49 years with co-morbidities (resembling hypertension, diabetes, lung illness, different coronary heart illnesses, liver or renal illness, and so forth)
4. Phase 4 Vaccination Process
- Vaccination of the remainder of the eligible inhabitants between ages 18 and 49 years.
What you need to know
Nigeria is anticipating the arrival of the primary batch of three,924,000 Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine on Tuesday, March 2, with vaccination anticipated to start on March 5 at National Hospital Abuja for frontline well being employees.
The anticipated arrival of the vaccine is coming after Ghana and Cote’D’Ivoire introduced the arrival of the Covid-19 vaccine beneath the COVAX initiative.
Phase 1 Vaccination Process
– All frontline well being employees to be vaccinated;
– Vaccines to be deployed to states based mostly on their stage of preparedness;
– Cargo planes to be supplied for the transport of the vaccines to states.#YesToCovid19Vaccine#TakeResponsibility
— Covid-19 Presidential Task Force (PTF) | Nigeria (@DigiCommsNG) March 1, 2021