The Federal Government has introduced the phased processes in its vaccination programme towards the Covid-19 pandemic, which is predicted to take off on March 5, 2021.
This follows the anticipated arrival on Tuesday, March 2, 2021, of the primary batch of three,924,000 Covid-19 vaccines underneath the COVAX initiative from Mumbai, India.
This was disclosed in a press release by the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on Covid-19 on Monday, March 1, 2021.
The PTF mentioned that the vaccine deployment, which is predicted to be finished by the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), with help from different sister companies, has been divided into 4 phases.
The 4 phases with the anticipated actions and vaccination processes embrace:
1. Phase 1 Vaccination Process
- All frontline well being employees to be vaccinated
- Vaccines to be deployed to states based mostly on their stage of preparedness
- Cargo planes to be offered for the transport of the vaccines to states.
It ought to be famous that the three,924,000 vaccine doses anticipated to reach on Tuesday will cater for the preliminary rollout and Phase 1 Vaccination stage.
2. Phase 2 Vaccination Process (Vaccination of the aged from 50 years and above)
- Vaccination of 60 years and above to happen first (Group 1), then
- Vaccination of 50-55 years (Group 2) to comply with
It ought to be famous that Nigeria is predicted to obtain one other batch of Covid-19 vaccines for this stage.
3. Phase 3 Vaccination Process
- Vaccination of these between 18 and 49 years with co-morbidities (corresponding to hypertension, diabetes, lung illness, different coronary heart illnesses, liver or renal illness, and so forth)
4. Phase 4 Vaccination Process
- Vaccination of the remainder of the eligible inhabitants between ages 18 and 49 years.
What it is best to know
Nigeria is anticipating the arrival of the primary batch of three,924,000 Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine on Tuesday, March 2, with vaccination anticipated to start on March 5 at National Hospital Abuja for frontline well being employees.
The anticipated arrival of the vaccine is coming after Ghana and Cote’D’Ivoire introduced the arrival of the Covid-19 vaccine underneath the COVAX initiative.
Phase 1 Vaccination Process
– All frontline well being employees to be vaccinated;
– Vaccines to be deployed to states based mostly on their stage of preparedness;
– Cargo planes to be offered for the transport of the vaccines to states.#YesToCovid19Vaccine#TakeResponsibility
— Covid-19 Presidential Task Force (PTF) | Nigeria (@DigiCommsNG) March 1, 2021