Infected Coles worker in Covid ground zero Fairfield exposes hundreds of shoppers as six Bondi locations are visited by virus-hit apartment block residents
- List of Covid exposure sites updated on Tuesday to include Coles Fairfield
- Coles Windsor, Hungry Jacks Marulan, Bondi Junction’s Blooms chemist added
- Anyone who visited those sites at key times must get tested and self-isolate
- Bondi apartment in lockdown after eight cases were found across five units
- Residents have been told not to leave the house at all, and can’t empty their bins
- Workers in Fairfield must get tested every three days if leaving home for work
- NSW’s Covid-19 outbreak grew on Tuesday by another 89 locally-acquired cases
- Man in his 70s from Sydney’s eastern suburbs has also died from the virus
Published: 05:36 BST, 13 July 2021 | Updated: 05:57 BST, 13 July 2021
An infected Coles worker has exposed hundreds of people to Covid at Sydney’s current virus hotspot, Fairfield by working while infected last weekend.
New South Wales Health warned anyone who visited Coles in the Fairfield Forum on Friday July 9 (between 9am and 12pm), Saturday July 10 (from 12pm to 5.30pm) and/or on Sunday July 11 (between 7am and 3pm) that they are a close contact and must get tested and stay home for 14 days.
A close contact must always remain in self-isolation for 14 days even if they receive a negative Covid test. They must also call NSW Health on 1800 943 553.
NSW Health released only one close contact location on Tuesday afternoon, but the crucial exposure sites are released several times a day as Sydney battles to contain the spread of the highly-transmissible Indian Delta variant.
The newest list of casual contact locations includes Hungry Jacks at Marulan on Saturday July 10 (between 5pm and 5.30pm), Coles Windsor on George Street on Saturday July 10 (between 1.20pm and 3pm) and Blooms the Chemist in Eastgate Bondi Junction on Friday July 9 (from 12.05pm to 12.15pm).
Casual contacts must also get tested immediately but only until they receive a negative result.
Several other Bondi Junction locations also became venues of concern, including Woolworths, KMart, BWS, Dominos, the Cook and the Baker, and O Superfood (all on Oxford Street).
The key dates and times for Bondi Junction Woolies are Friday July 9 (from 8.20am to 8.35am); for KMart the key times were 1.15pm to 2pm on Thursday July 8; for Dominos it was Friday July 9 (from 1.50pm to 2.10pm); and for BWS it was Friday July 9 (6.20pm-6.30pm).
The times for the Cook and the Baker were Thursday July 8 (from 11am to 11.30am) and Saturday July 10 (between 2.20pm and 2.40pm); for O Superfood the key times were Friday July 9 (6.50am to 7.15am).