Policewoman stabbed to demise inside police station in France earlier than attacker is shot and killed
French prosecutors have opened a terror probe after a feminine police employee was killed by a knifeman who shouted ‘Allahu Akbar’ earlier than he was shot lifeless by her colleagues.
Stephanie, a 49-year-old mother-of-two, was slashed within the throat by the Tunisian at 2.20pm at present as she labored in the primary police station within the Paris suburb of Rambouillet.
The admin employee, who had labored for the police since 1993, had simply ‘popped out of the station to vary the parking disc on her automotive’ when she was pounced on by the attacker within the foyer.
A feminine police employee in France has been killed by a knifeman who was then shot lifeless by her colleagues. Pictured: officers stand close to the police station after the assault
Rambouillet is a quiet commune southwest of Paris and is understood for its well-known historic chateau
France’s counter-terrorism unit has taken over the investigation into the killing.
Francois Bersani, a police union official, stated the attacker slipped into the constructing earlier than shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’, which means ‘God is biggest’ in Arabic.
The attacker is known to be a 36-year-old of Tunisian nationality who labored in France as a supply driver having arrived within the nation illegally in 2009 and given go away to stay in 2019.
He was not beforehand identified to police or anti-terrorist authorities and had not too long ago moved to Rambouillet having beforehand lived within the Val-de-Marne.
The murdered lady was the mom of two kids aged 13 and 18.
Rambouillet is a quiet and leafy commune southwest of Paris and is understood for its historic chateau.
The attacker is believed to have carried out surveillance of the police constructing earlier than the assault.
Yvan Assioma, of the Alliance Police Union, stated his colleague ‘died on the scene’, describing her as a ‘mom of two kids who was aged 49.’
Emmanuel Macron stated in an announcement: ‘She was a police officer. Stephanie was killed in her Rambouillet police station, on the already broken land of Yvelines.
‘The nation is together with her household, her colleagues and the police. In the combat in opposition to Islamist terrorism, we won’t hand over.’
The attacker was not beforehand identified to police or anti-terrorist authorities and had not too long ago moved to Rambouillet having beforehand lived within the Val-de-Marne
The French prime minister Jean Castex headed to the police station this afternoon following the assault, and he stated in an announcement: ‘The Republic has simply misplaced one in all its every day heroines in a barbaric act of infinite cowardice.
‘To her relations, I provide my help on behalf of the whole nation. To our safety forces, I need to inform them I share their emotion and their indignation.
Marine Le Pen stated: ‘The identical horrors preserve taking place, the identical infinite unhappiness when pondering of the relations and colleagues of this policewoman, the identical profiles of people who find themselves responsible of this barbarism, the identical Islamist motives…
‘We cannot take it anymore.’
The 49-year-old mother-of-two was slashed within the throat by the Tunisian on Friday afternoon as she labored
Local MP Aurore Bergé, stated: ‘Whenever our regulation enforcement businesses are attacked, it’s France that’s attacked. Rambouillet is a city that isn’t in any respect used to being subjected to violence.
‘This reminds us that our regulation enforcement businesses put their lives in danger each morning after they go to work.’
It follows six years of savage Islamist assaults in France, together with the beheading of schoolteacher Samuel Paty by a Russian-born terrorist in October final 12 months.
The deadliest single terrorist assault ever within the nation got here in November 2015 when 130 individuals had been killed in Paris.
Suicide bombers pledging allegiance to ISIS focused the Stade de France, cafes, eating places and the Bataclan music venue, the place 90 died.
The administrative agent, who had labored for the police since 1993, had not too long ago returned from her lunch break when she was attacked
Yvan Assioma, of the Alliance Police Union, stated his unidentified colleagues ‘died on the scene’, describing her as a ‘mom of two kids who was aged 49’
Earlier within the 12 months, two Paris-born gunmen linked to Al-Qaeda broke into the places of work of the Charlie Hebdo satirical journal, leaving 12 lifeless and 11 wounded.
In July 2016, 86 individuals had been killed and greater than 400 injured when a 19-tonne truck was intentionally pushed into crowds on the seafront promenade at Nice, within the South of France.
The terrorist turned out to be a radicalised Tunisian immigrant who was shot lifeless by police.
During the identical month, two Isis terrorists murdered an 86-year-old Catholic priest throughout a church service in Normandy.
There have been frequent knife assaults on the forces of regulation and order, resulting in the deaths of serving police.
In October 2019, a radicalised pc operative working on the Paris Prefecture in central Paris stabbed 4 of his colleagues to demise.
The attacker – who was additionally shot lifeless – turned out to be a Muslim convert who stored extremist Al-Qaeda and Islamic State literature and pictures on his pc.
France’s string of savage terror assaults
- October 29, 2020 – A knife-wielding Tunisian man shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ (God is Greatest) beheaded a lady and killed two different individuals in a church within the French metropolis of Nice earlier than being shot and brought away by police.
- October 16, 2020 – School trainer Samuel Paty was beheaded on the road of a Paris suburb. Paty had proven his pupils cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad in a category on freedom of expression, angering some Muslim dad and mom. Muslims imagine that any depiction of the Prophet is blasphemous. Police shot lifeless the 18-year-old attacker of Chechen origin.
- September 15, 2020 – Two individuals had been stabbed and wounded in Paris close to the previous places of work of the Charlie Hebdo satirical journal, the place Islamist militants carried out a lethal assault in 2015. A person initially from Pakistan was arrested over the assault.
- October 3, 2019 – Mickael Harpon, 45, an IT specialist with safety clearance to work within the Paris police headquarters, killed three law enforcement officials and one civilian worker earlier than being shot lifeless by police. He had transformed to Islam 10 years earlier.
- March 23, 2018 – A gunman killed three individuals in southwestern France after holding up a automotive, firing on police and taking hostages in a grocery store. Security forces stormed the constructing and killed him.
- July 26, 2016 – Two attackers killed a priest and critically wounded one other hostage in a church in northern France earlier than being shot lifeless by police. Francois Hollande, France’s president on the time, stated the hostage-takers had pledged allegiance to Islamic State.
- July 14, 2016 – A gunman drove a heavy truck right into a crowd celebrating Bastille Day within the French metropolis of Nice, killing 86 individuals and injuring scores extra in an assault claimed by Islamic State. The attacker was recognized as a Tunisian-born Frenchman.
- June 14, 2016 – A Frenchman of Moroccan origin stabbed a police commander to demise exterior his house in a Paris suburb and killed his companion, who additionally labored for the police. The attacker informed police he was answering an attraction by Islamic State.
- November 13, 2015 – Paris was rocked by a number of gun and bomb assaults on leisure websites across the metropolis, during which 130 individuals had been killed and 368 wounded. Islamic State stated it was accountable. Two of the ten identified perpetrators had been Belgian residents and three had been French.
- January 7-9, 2015 – Two Islamist militant gunmen broke into satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo’s places of work and killed 12 individuals. Another militant killed a policewoman the following day and took hostages at a grocery store, killing 4 earlier than police shot him lifeless.