Removalists travelled from southwest Sydney to regional NSW while infected with Covid

0 12

How three removalists ‘travelled from Sydney’s Covid ground zero to towns all over regional NSW despite KNOWING they had the virus’

  • Three removalists who allegedly tested positive for Covid-19 travelled to Molong
  • They drove from Sydney’s south-west to regional NSW, stopping along the way
  • All three had allegedly been informed they had tested positive before travelling
  • They went from West Hoxton before stopping in South Bowenfels and Orange
  • Police attended the home on Speedy street in Molong at about 2.30pm, July 16 

Three removalists allegedly knew they were infected with coronavirus before they drove out of southwest Sydney for regional NSW.

The men aged 20, 27 and 27 travelled from West Hoxton to Figtree in Wollongong, before stopping at several towns on their way to Molong, in NSW’s central west.

Police caught up with the trio on Speedy street in Molong about 2.30pm on July 16 after being notified of the men who travelled from Sydney. 

It is alleged that the three men had been notified they had tested positive to Covid-19 before making the trip. 

Police escorted the men and their vehicles back to Sydney, and have been told to isolate for 14 days, before allegedly being issued Court Attendance Notices for breaching public health orders.

Minister for Police and Emergency Services David Elliott slammed the removalists for their disregard for the safety of others.

‘This thoughtless act has now placed our regional communities in NSW at the greatest risk so far with this pandemic,’ Mr Elliott said.

‘We know that the delta variant is highly transmissible, and it is unfathomable to think that, with all the public information and health warnings, people could so blatantly ignore the health orders.’

State Emergency Operations Controller, Deputy Commissioner Gary Worboys said the new restrictions introduced on July 17 will hopefully curb people’s behaviour.

‘Currently, we are seeing millions of people right across this state doing the right thing being let down by a small minority who continue to be irresponsible and put themselves and their communities at risk,’ Deputy Commissioner Worboys said.

‘Today’s strengthening of the health orders means that people will have to change the way that they behave.

‘The greater restrictions will see police ramping up our response across all of greater Sydney and regional areas to ensure people comply with the health orders and that public safety is the number one priority’.

In the past 24 hours police have issued 162 Penalty Infringement Notices and charged 18 people.

Four other incidents of note occured across Greater Sydney and regional NSW.

A Mt Druitt man left his home to buy dumbells in Blacktown, after being informed her had tested positive to Covid-19 at about 10.30pm on July 16. He was fined $1000.

Two Central Coast men have been stopped on the New England highway, south of Guyra, being issued $1000 fines.

Two 27-year-old males were spotted travelling on the Pacific highway in Doyalson, and were both fined $1000 as they do not live in the same household or have a reasonable excuse to leave their homes.

A 60-year-old man after some peace and quiet, travelled from Turramurra to Hawks Nest to sleep in his car. He was issued a $1000 fine and directed to return home. 

Source link

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More